What is the Diploma Programme?
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DYP) is for students aged 16-19.
International School Brescia is an authorised IB World School for the Primary and the Middle Years Programmes. IB World Schools share a common philosophy, a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that International School Brescia believes is important for our students.
International School Brescia is a candidate school from the Diploma Programme and we are pursuing authorisation for this programme.
External assessment and recognition
The MYP Curriculum
The MYP curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education for early adolescents.
The MYP requires at least 50 hours of teaching time for each subject group, in each year of the programme. In the final two years of the programme, carefully-defined subject group flexibility allows students to meet local requirements and personal learning goals.
ISBrescia will offer the following programme, in order to meet the IB requirements as well as the national ones.
- Language & Literature – English and Italian
- Language Acquisition – Spanish
- Individuals and Society – Humanities subjects in English
- Sciences – Chemistry, Physics and Biology in English
- Mathematics – in English and in Italian (Grade 9 only)
- Arts – visual art, music and drama in English
- Physical and Health Education – in English
- Design – in English
The MYP is open to any students, however ISBrescia requires the consistent knowledge of the English language. English-As-Additional-Language lessons will be provided to students in need (at parents’ expense).